Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hello & Please Excuse My Absence...

...I have been working off & on with regard to this current Ventriloquist figure project. I am pleased to say that the master casting is just about complete. Since Nov. of this past year, I have performed some occasional re-tooling of my development casting in order to give it that custom "carver look."

One thing which most "dummy building books" don't tell you is that this whole process takes times and especially PATIENCE. This has been an interesting creative journey thus far.

I will post some current photos of my latest progress very soon. And when I do, compare the development casting with the "new & improved" version. You might notice that the lower portion of the face, mouth included, was developed a bit more and as a result, looks more pronounced.

Until then,

Happy Figure Building!

1 comment:

Kenny Croes said...

I love the way this fellow looks. Very nice job!