Monday, May 19, 2008

Blinkers And A Name...




Greetings all, just wanted to post some recent pics of my latest progress on who I have now named, "Elroy." It's just easier to name the guy, I figured. Especially when things aren't exactly going my way in the workshop. At least now I can hurl my frustrated obscenities at a name.


As for the blinkers, they are as I mentioned previously. I purchased a nice Italian leather chamois at my local auto parts shop.


As for installing the blinkers, this was a much easier task than installing hard shell blinker/winkers; this usually involves extreme precision, which can be daunting at times and a little frustrating, too.


As for the leather blinkers, I also love the old-school Marshall look of leather. So I think I will stick with them. Plus, I think Elroy will really enjoy batting his lids at me, too. As for instruction, Al Stevens info + Joel Leder's books were all I needed.


And now, those damn ears...

2 comments:

Tyler said...

HE LOOKS GREAT! I can see a lot of Semok influence!

Kenny Croes said...

I really like "Elroy". I've been thinking about trying out blinkers, too. After reading your blog, my first attempt will likely be with soft blinkers. Do you paint the leather so it matches your figure's skin color?