Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New acquisitions





Greetings all! by the looks of these pictures, one might think that I recently returned from some sort of archaeological dig, where I unearthed a mini collection of ancient "belly-talking" artifacts.
In actuality, I recently acquired these from ventriloquist, Charlie Horner. Not too far back, Charlie secured what once was the Finis shop. It seems that he has been gradually making some of the shop's odds & ends available.
In this set, I acquired a rather rough looking Finis face, which looks to be made of an old wood dough formulation. The face itself, looks like it might make a nice ventriloquist figure head with a bit of work.
The head stick is solid wood and will lend itself for the sculpting of future clay heads and the mouth appears to be solid wood, as are the nicely carved hands.
With regard to the hands, I will also use these at some point.
All in all, this is really old stuff, but still useful. What's old might just prove to be new again!

until next time...

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Cool!

Dave Robison said...

I'd love to get my hands on some of Finis stuff. My figure is a Finis original and wouldn't part with him

Unknown said...

I just got half a head from Charles on ebay too! Have you made any progress on yours?

The headstick that came with mine is already slotted and drilled and the mouth and eye holes are already cut out and an extra carved wood mouth piece included