Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Newest Project



This little guy is my newest creation. Since taking this pic, I have added & subtracted a bit of clay here and there. Otherwise, he looks pretty good. I spent about two weeks on him, sculpting mostly in the evenings after work.

Actually, this will become my second original figure and I am very excited about him. As for sculpting, give it a try. Chances are you may just surprise yourself with some nice results! Thus far, I certainly have.

As with figure making, like anything else, repetition is the mother of skill. I also just completed a nice silicone mold for this guy, which just produced a nice development casting.

Oh, and the ears--they come last.I never was much of an undercut fan.

In the coming days, I will post some more pics of my progress.


Keep venting!

No comments: